Fiordland Fishing Private Charter
Escape to Fiordland on the ultimate fishing trip!
Start the weekend in Queenstown and transfer by helicopter to your privately chartered boat cruising one of the Fiords. Spend the next two days onboard exploring Fiordland, fishing, diving, kayaking, or paddle boarding.
Fiordland is a very special place for fishing as there are a wide variety of local and seasonal fish species to be caught. Fish the internal waters of the fiords which are protected from weather or if the weather allows, head out to the Tasman sea. This will be once in a lifetime fishing trip – who will you bring with you?!
- Meet & Greet on arrival and transfer to Helicopter Base ex Queenstown
- Private Heli charter to Fiordland to meet boat
- 2 nights on board a private chartered boat with crew
- All meals & hot drinks on board
- Fishing Rods, tackle, wetsuits, fins, masks, snorkels, gloves, booties, weight belts, cylinders, BCD’s, kayaks & paddle boards.
- Return heli charter to Queenstown
M.V. Flightless is a 27m ex Navy expedition vessel with international survey, extensive safety equipment due to offshore work, 3 crew, watermaker, diesel stove, airconditioning, three bathrooms, second saloon in the wheelhouse and a huge heatable back deck which is also partially under cover. Pure Salt can cater for up to 12 clients and everything asides from alcohol is included... catering, bedding and towels, fishing rods and tackle, yoga mats, dive cylinders, BCDs and weights, fins, masks, snorkels, catch bags, knives as well as 2 piece 7mm wetsuits, floats and 20m float lines, kayaks, bean bags, paddle boards, free-diving gear and of course a hot tub on the top deck.
Fiordland Fishing Trip
Price on application – contact Leisure Time Tours for pricing based on the exact number of travellers
Prices are in New Zealand dollars based on cash or cheque payment only.
- No reservations are held. Deposit required to proceed with making reservations
- All pricing is subject to availability of the services specified in the itinerary at time of reservation
- Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, availability of services - we retain the right to adjust prices up or down based on services actually confirmed
- All touring is subject to favourable weather, road, flying and sea conditions
- Cancellation/amendment fees apply
- Items and services as specified in the itinerary only
- NZ GST at 15% (government imposed tax and subject to change without notice)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfares are not included
- Any meals unless otherwise specified within the itinerary
- Use of rooms before/after normal check in/out times
- Any services not mentioned within the itinerary
- Special event surcharges – surcharges and closeouts may apply
- Items of a personal nature eg. laundry, internet access, phonecalls, excess luggage etc
- Any credit card or bank fees
- Travel insurance is not included, but highly recommended
- Any further Government taxes or duties that may be introduced
- When renting a vehicle (if applicable)
- Petrol/oil/CDW insurance for rental vehicle (airport/ferry terminal collection/return fee / bond / excess applies - pay direct)
- Rental vehicle additional Fees - pay direct
- GPS Navigational System
- Car parking fees
All bookings are subject to our normal terms and conditions
Booking Terms and Passenger Information
QUOTE ONLY. NO RESERVATIONS ARE HELD. Subject to availability of the services specified in the itinerary when travel dates are set. Additional surcharges may be applicable during Special Events and/or statutory public holidays, e.g. Christmas, Easter etc. Occasionally due to special event surcharges or supplier requirements etc, deposits or full payment will be required – you will be advised of this at the time of booking.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
If you book a holiday with us and pay your deposit, you are deemed to have accepted these terms.
TOUR PAYMENTS AND BOOKING TERMS:
- Costs are based on the Travel Date selected and are subject to the availability of the accommodation and other services specified.
- Until we have a confirmed booking from the requested services, we retain the right to adjust prices up or down based on services confirmed.
- Once we have finalised all costs based on your confirmed itinerary you will be asked for a non-refundable deposit of no less than $200.00 per person.
- Full pre-payment is due not later than 35 days prior to arrival in New Zealand. Bank account details and swift code for international telegraphic transfers will be on the invoice. Payment by Visa or Mastercard is also accepted at a 3% surcharge. Credit card payments may only be made in New Zealand Dollars.
BOOKING AMENDMENTS/CANCELLATION SCHEDULE:
Amendments: The first amendment made to a confirmed booking is free of charge. Any subsequent amendments made to the same booking will incur a NZ$50.00 fee per service already confirmed.
In the event of passengers cancelling their booking, the following cancellation fees will apply on a per person basis (not per booking).
- 31+ days prior to the client’s arrival, loss of non-refundable deposit plus any applicable supplier cancellation fees
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival: 40% of holiday price plus any applicable supplier cancellation fees (60% refund)
- 8 to 14 days prior to arrival: 60% of holiday price plus any applicable supplier cancellation fees (40% refund)
- 2 to 7 days prior to arrival: 80% of holiday price plus any applicable supplier cancellation fees (20% refund)
- 0 to 1 days or less prior to arrival: 100% cancellation fee
Please note that any applicable airline content does not apply to the above refunds – see your airline for their specific cancellation/refund policies.
No refunds on any unused portions of any itinerary. The exception is if a sightseeing service is cancelled by operator due to weather conditions/safety concerns etc and the operator authorises a refund. Any such refunds will be processed through agent. Comprehensive travel insurance is strongly recommended for all travellers.
COVID19 CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY:
Covid19 has created uncertainty for us all, therefore for cancellations directly related to Covid19, we have negotiated special terms with our suppliers which would override ‘normal cancellation’ terms as outlined above;
If the New Zealand Government imposes travel restrictions that would impact our ability to deliver your travel package prior to commencing travel, passengers will receive a full credit, less any applicable airline cancellation fees. If travel restrictions are imposed while on tour, we will seek credits on any unused portions of the itinerary from all suppliers. Any applicable credits will first be applied to any additional costs that our company may have incurred on the passenger’s behalf e.g. if alternative accommodation or transportation to repatriate the passenger to their home city or nearest airport etc is required. Any remaining refunds will be credited to the booking agent to enable them to pass onto their passenger.
If a passenger has been tested positive for Covid19 directly prior to travel or while on holiday with us, then with supporting documentation provided to us (a positive Covid19 test), we will seek credits on any unused portions of the itinerary from all suppliers. Any applicable credits will first be applied to any additional costs that our company may have incurred on the passenger’s behalf e.g. if alternative accommodation or transportation to repatriate the passenger to their home city or nearest airport etc is required. Any remaining refunds will be credited to the booking agent to enable them to pass onto their passenger.
CUSTOMS, IMMIGRATION AND NEW ZEALAND LAW
It is your responsibility to comply with any New Zealand immigration, customs and/or quarantine regulations when entering New Zealand and to comply with New Zealand laws when in the country. We will not, under any circumstances, have any liability or responsibility to you if you do not comply with any customs and immigration rules and regulations or if you fail to comply with any laws during your holiday.
Check in time at most hotels is 2pm or 3pm. If you are arriving earlier, the hotel will store your luggage until your room is ready. Alternatively, you may wish to pre-register your hotel room for immediate check in – an extra nights’ charge will apply. Upon check in, most hotels will request an imprint of your credit card to cover any personal extras. If you do not have a credit card, they may ask for a cash deposit.
The itinerary was correct at the time of printing, but it is subject to change without notice. Your itinerary could change due to road or weather conditions, changes imposed by other tour operators or a range of other factors outside our control. You agree that we have no liability to you for changes to your itinerary.
You agree that we have no liability to you and will not pay any compensation to you where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by circumstances amounting to “force majeure”. In these terms, ‘force majeure’ means any event that has an impact on your Packaged Tour which we or the other operator (where relevant) could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, pilferage, epidemics, pandemics, forced quarantine, medical or customs regulations, riot, fire, storm, flood, explosion, compliance with any law or government restraint order, rule regulation, strikes, lock outs, or any other cause not reasonably within the control of our control. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or reschedule your Packaged Tour during or following any force majeure and if we do so you agree that we will have no liability to you for any direct or indirect consequences of the cancellation, amendment or rescheduling.
ADDITIONAL TERMS WHEN APPLICABLE:
GREAT JOURNEYS OF NEW ZEALAND – LUGGAGE ALLOWANCES FOR RAIL SERVICES
(Northern Explorer; Coastal Pacific; Tranz Alpine)
- One item of check-in baggage per person
- Maximum weight for a single bag is 32kgs
- Bags weighing over 23kgs will require two crew members to lift onto the train – assistance from the passenger may be required
- Wheeled cabin bags and backpacks are classed as check-in luggage
- Two additional items of baggage can be purchased for $20.00NZD including GST per piece – pay direct at the station
- Repack bags available to buy at the station for $10.00NZD – pay direct at the station
BUDGET RENTAL CARS:
The following fees apply – they are extra and payable direct each time a vehicle is collected in a non-continuous hire. (Non-continuous hires mean hires with more than 24 hours break between them).
NZ$51.75 Airport/Ferry Terminal Collection/Return Fee
NZ$57.50 One Way Fee
Budget Protection Plan - Excess Reduction Applicable 1st April 2019 – 31st March 2020
Compact, Intermediate and full sized sedans: Budget Rentals have a standard excess of NZ$4025.00 for which the hirer is responsible for vehicle damage regardless of who is at fault. This excess liability can be reduced to NZ$258.75 by payment of an additional NZ$28.75 of hire a day direct to Budget Rentals on collection.
SUV, People Movers & Hybrid Sedan: Budget Rentals have a standard excess of NZ$4887.50 for which the hirer is responsible for vehicle damage regardless of who is at fault. This excess liability can be reduced to NZ$258.75 by payment of an additional NZ$33.35 of hire a day direct to Budget Rentals on collection.
$1610.00 incl GST will be charged if a windscreen (front or back) is cracked or broken that require replacement.
Chip on windscreen will cost $69.00 incl GST
“RSN” (Roadside Assistance Package)
This is an optional product on top of BPP. It can only be paid directly at the counter costing NZ$6.90 per day. Roadside Assistance when purchased provides the customer with a ‘no call out fee’ adding peace of mind to common issues that the customer may cause that are not included in the rental.
Roadside Assistance covers:
- Out of fuel (Up to $10 fuel delivery)
- Key replacement for lost keys/keys locked in vehicle
- Flat Tyre Assistance
- Tyre Replacement (just the tyre – the rubber) excludes the spare wheel/wheel cover/hubcap
- Flat Battery
Roadside Assistance PLUS Package (available from April 2019)
This is an optional product on top of BPP. It can only be paid directly at the counter costing NZ$11.50 incl GST per day. Roadside Assistance when purchased provides the customer with a ‘no call out fee’ adding peace of mind to common issues that the customer may cause that are not included in the rental.
- Covers Roadside Assistance include the benefits as above plus 1 Windscreen replacement free of charge
At the time of vehicle collection, clients are required to present a bank issued credit card issued in their name (card must have embossed numbers on front of card). A preauthorisation will be taken as security and for any additional products and services. This is payable direct. The preauthorisation balance will vary, with a minimum of NZ$100.00 and any further amount calculated on estimated payable direct charges (for optional extras such as additional insurance coverage, airport/ferry terminal fees, one-way fees, or accessories such as baby seat, GPS unit etc). After return of the vehicle, the preauthorisation will be released (approximately 3-days after return of vehicle), and any actual charges will be processed.
The preauthorisation can be made by any major international credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Diners Club). Budget does not accept electronic or prepaid or preloaded or reloaded debit cards or cash payments for excess, bond etc.
Any additional charges over what has been included in the nett rate will be collected direct from the client – eg. fuel, additional coverages, additional hours, accessories, fees etc.
A card transaction may apply. This fee is general between 2-3% of the total payable direct charges.
Driver Licence/ Minimum Age
All drivers must be 21 years old or over and hold a current non-probationary drivers licence (with a full and accurate English translation shown on the licence) from their home county. An international driver’s permit must be accompanied by a home country licence. The international driver’s licence or permit must be in English, or an accurate English translation of the licence or permit must be given. An accurate English translation means that the translation must be given by a diplomatic representative at a high commission, embassy or consulate, or an overseas issuing authority or a translation service acceptable to the New Zealand Transport Authority.
There is no maximum age to hire a vehicle. There is no charge for additional authorised drivers, however they must meet the criteria of the Driver’s Licence requirements. Additional drivers must be registered on the Budget Rental Agreement, and prior to driving they must visit a Budget branch in New Zealand to show their full and valid driver’s licence.
Driver’s licence must be carried whenever driving in New Zealand.
GPS units are available with rental vehicles at extra cost. These GPS units can be reserved in advance if requested, but the customer must pay for the unit hire direct to Budget Rentals at the time of collection. Costs are NZ$11.45 per day, or NZ$57.45 per week, or NZ$114.95 per month incl GST. In the event of the unit being lost, damaged or stolen while on rent to client, the client will be charged NZ$230.00 incl GST.