This policy was last updated on 01 June 2021
- When you provide us with personal information, we will comply with the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Act), and if you are based in the European Union (EU), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) EU.
- We will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the principles set out in the Act and where applicable, the GDPR. This means we will:
- use personal information only for the purpose we collect it for;
- retain that information only for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it;
- not disclose or release it to a third party unless you have authorised the release or disclosure, or we are required to or we are permitted by law to do so, or where it is the purpose (or a directly related purpose) for which the information was collected.
- facilitate your rights in relation to access to, rectification of, erasing and portability of your personal information.
- If you think we have breached the Act, or the GDPR, or you would like to find out more about our obligations, information is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website at privacy.org.nz.
2. Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may collect personal information, such as:
- Email address
- Phone number
- IP address
- Mobile device identifier
- Geolocation data
We may also collect general information about the equipment you use to access our digital platforms, your operating system and browser type, the services that you use, times and dates of your interactions with the digital platforms, details of your transactions through our digital platforms, and mobile and web software event data.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect information:
- Directly from you when you provide it, including by filling out forms, setting up a personal profile, participating in contests, or promotions, or contacting us through our “Contact Us” form.
- Automatically as you interact with our digital platforms, such as location data, data on browsing activities and patterns, times and dates of logins, and event data.
- That you share, post, or transmit when interacting with our digital platforms. From third parties, including social media platforms and cloud storage services you use to interact with our digital platforms.
Social Media Platforms. When you post content to a social media platform via our digital platforms, we may have access to information from your social media account, such as likes and comments on posted content, and page or group affiliations. Most social media platforms provide you with a tool to control the information you share with our digital platforms, which is governed by the policies of the applicable social media platform.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as “1×1 GIFS” or “clear GIFs”). We may include web beacons in our digital platforms’ pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count visitors to our digital platforms, to monitor how users navigate our digital platforms, and to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened. For more detailed information please read our Cookies Policy.
4. How We Use Information
We may use your information to:
• Provide the service you’ve requested or agreed to receive.
• Enable you to participate in our digital platform features.
• Enable you to participate in communications, contests, and promotions through our digital platforms.
• Tailor the content you see when you visit our digital platforms.
• Process your registration.
• Respond to your questions or other requests.
• Improve and manage our digital platforms.
• Send you emails to inform you about new features of our digital platforms.
• Contact you with regard to your use of our digital platforms.
• Market our products and services to you and send you marketing materials that may be of interest to you, but only if you consent to providing your information for this purpose.
• For other purposes with your consent.
Information You Share With Us. When you interact with our digital platforms, you may set up your personal profile, add and post content, and transmit information through your social media profiles or email accounts. We may retain this information so that, for instance, you can return to view prior information you have sent and monitor and interact with content you have posted.
Marketing Communications from us. will send you marketing communications only with your express consent. If you choose not to consent, you may still access our digital platforms, but you may not receive important information about features and functionality of our digital platforms or other products that may interest you.
5. How We Share Information
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We use third parties to host our digital platforms, design and operate some of our digital platform features, and perform administrative, analytics, and communications services. Services these parties provide include enabling us to send you email newsletters and push notifications, which may contain personalised content or information specific to your use of our digital platforms, and providing information to us about the use of our digital platforms and viewing of our content. We may disclose your personal information to these companies so they can carry out these services. These companies are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may use: (a) third-party analytics service providers and (b) ad-serving platforms, such as Google and Facebook, which may set and access their own cookies and web beacons on your device. These parties may have access to usage information. They may also have access to pseudonymous or anonymous information about you (such as a unique identification number), which may be combined or associated with information from other sources to identify you.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) through our digital platforms that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, we may disclose your personal information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of the Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfilment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may also disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; and (b) protect and defend our rights or property, our digital platforms, its users, or the public.
- Business Transfer. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to our digital platforms, including, without limitation, your personal information, demographic information and usage information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of our digital platforms or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
6. Links to Other Websites and Services
- We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from our digital platforms, including the information or content contained therein.
- We are not responsible for, and we do not exercise control over, any third parties that you authorize to access your User Submissions or other publicly posted or shared content.
- If you are using a third-party website or service (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or others) and you allow such a third-party access to your content you do so at your own risk.
- Personal information collected via our digital platforms is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some instances, personal information is encrypted during storage and transmission. Only Leisure Time Tours Limited employees and agents who need access to your Personal Information to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed confidentiality agreements.
- While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from our digital platforms, and you assume all related risks. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
- We regularly review the information that we collect and store. We retain your personal information for as long as we deem appropriate under our internal data retention policy, or until you request that we delete it. In certain cases, we may be required to retain your data to comply with applicable law or in connection with a legal claim.
8. Other Information
- Lawful Bases. We collect and process your personal information only when we have a lawful basis to do so. Lawful bases include your consent, the fulfilment of our contractual rights or obligations, complying with applicable law, and the legitimate interests of our company or third parties (provided that processing your data for a legitimate interest does not outweigh your rights and freedoms). Examples of a legitimate interest include (i) analysing user data to maintain and improve our digital platforms for all users; (ii) providing you with access to our digital platforms; (iii) providing you with up-to- date information about new features of our digital platforms; and (iv) engaging third-party providers to deliver certain features of our digital platforms. You may withdraw your consent or object to a legitimate interest at any time by contacting us at the information provided below.
- Cross-Border Transfer. Our websites are hosted on New Zealand servers. Any personal information you provide to us will be processed and stored on servers in New Zealand, the laws of which may be deemed by other countries to have inadequate data protection. Accordingly, if you are located outside New Zealand, you consent and continue to consent to the processing and storage of such data in New Zealand. We have agreements in place with our affiliates and contractors that include standard contractual clauses to protect your rights with respect to your data.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, our digital platforms does not respond to DNT signals.
- Children Under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 and do not target our digital platforms to children under 16. If you are under 16, please do not use our digital platforms or submit any personal information through our digital platforms. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided their personal information to us, please contact us, and we will delete that information.
9. Your Choices and Our Contact Information
If you choose not to provide personal information, you may be unable to access or use our digital platforms.
- Accessing Your Personal Information. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information gathered by our digital platforms, or if you would like to correct or delete such information from our digital platforms’ marketing database, send us an email at “marketing(at)lttnz.co.nz” to submit a request. Depending on the law that applies where you live, you may have additional rights, such as the right to request that we send your information to another organisation of your choice.
Opting Out. We only send promotional and marketing communications with your consent. If you no longer wish to receive these or other communications from our digital platforms, send us an email at email@example.com. You can stop receiving newsletter email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
- Improper Collection and Misuse of Personal Information. Please report any improper collection or misuse of personal information provided on our digital platforms to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the law where you live, you may also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.