This policy was last updated on 16 November 2022
YOUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY ONLINE
Protecting your personal information and following New Zealand’s privacy laws is important to us.
WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://www.leisuretimetours.co.nz
Our contact details are:
Leisure Time Travel, part of the Leisure Time Group.
231 Kahikatea Drive, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.
Phone +64 7 847 8258
“Personal Information” means any information that can directly or indirectly identify you or another person.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Your name and contact details
- Your purchase and account history with us.
- Information about your use of our Products or Services.
- Information about the webpages you visit on our Website.
- Information you provide to us when responding to our customer surveys.
- Any other information you give us, including via our social media channels.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information:
- From you directly (like when you provide your details to us)
- From you indirectly (like when you use our Services, visit our website, or interact with us on social media).
- From third parties (like contractors and agents that we engage to perform services on our behalf, such as to analyse traffic on our Website and social media).
- From places where the information is publicly available.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To provide you with our Products or Services.
- To respond to you queries regarding the Website, our Products or Services.
- To administer your account with us.
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us.
- To operate and maintain our website and digital channels.
- For our internal record keeping purposes.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- For any other purposes that you authorise.
Information You Share With Us. When you interact with our digital platforms, you may set up your personal profile, add and post content, and transmit information through your social media profiles or email accounts. We may retain this information so that, for instance, you can return to view prior information you have sent and monitor and interact with content you have posted.
Marketing Communications from us. We will send you marketing communications only with your express consent. If you choose not to consent, you may still access our digital platforms, but you may not receive valuable information about features and functionality of our digital platforms or other products that may interest you.
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We use third parties to host our digital platforms, design and operate some of our digital platform features, and perform administrative, analytics, and communications services. Services these parties provide include enabling us to send you email newsletters and push notifications, which may contain personalised content or information specific to your use of our digital platforms, and providing information to us about the use of our digital platforms and viewing of our content. We may disclose your personal information to these companies so they can carry out these services. These companies are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Business Transfer. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to our digital platforms, including, without limitation, your personal information, demographic information and usage information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of our digital platforms or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
To enable some of the features and functionality on our Website, you may need to permit us to place cookies on your device. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but it may affect your ability to use our Website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have reasonable protections in place against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure and loss of your Personal Information.
- Personal information collected via our digital platforms is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some instances, personal information is encrypted during storage and transmission. Only our employees and agents who need access to your Personal Information to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed confidentiality agreements.
- While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from our digital platforms, and you assume all related risks. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
- We regularly review the information that we collect and store. We retain your personal information for as long as we deem appropriate under our internal data retention policy, or until you request that we delete it. In certain cases, we may be required to retain your data to comply with applicable law or in connection with a legal claim.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. You consent to receiving information from us about our Products, Services, promotions and competitions via email, text message and social media. If you want us to stop sending you electronic communications, then you can simply unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the electronic communication. Once you have unsubscribed from our email communications, we will remove you from the corresponding marketing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
We may use email open and click tracking, including cookies, for us to get a better understanding of which email communications are of most interest to you so we can provide you with a better experience by sending relevant and interesting email communications.
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding emails received from us, for example if you are receiving unwanted emails or are not the intended recipient, please email email@example.com.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED FOR?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
REQUEST ACCESS OR CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You’re allowed to see what Personal Information we have about you, and you can ask us to correct it if you think it’s wrong. If there is a legal reason why we can’t let you see it, or if we don’t agree with your correction, then we’ll tell you.
If you think that we haven’t properly protected your privacy, you can tell our Privacy Officer here (firstname.lastname@example.org), or complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.